In today’s society where many individuals live in an urban jungle, it’s becoming more challenging to discover a home with good feng shui. If we were to look around our environment, we’ll observe that we’re living in an environment that’s surrounded by a great deal of manmade sha qi.
To appraise the feng shui of a house, an individual has to study the impact of the environmental energies specifically, the internal and external environment. The outside environment refers to the surrounding environment or the topography of the area like the buildings, streets, seasonal wind directions, water features, landscapes, vegetation, form and qi of the property. From the inner environment, feng shui concentrates on the physical construction of the property like the outlook, shape, design, the orientation of the main door, the inside décor, the positioning of the bedrooms, kitchen and bathrooms.
In the opinion of feng shui, negative energies in the surrounding environment is a lot more powerful than the orientation, layout or design of the home. Not all kinds of feng shui sha qi could be treated by means of feng shui placement. In case where a home is threatened by powerful environmental sha qi, it would be best to search for a new location to move rather than using feng shui to fight the forces of nature. As an example, if the home is situated near a power transmitter, then it would be quite tough to apply feng shui treatment to neutralize the electromagnetic energy which has been emitted by the high tension cables.
When a homebuyer has decided on a possible property one needs to walk around the compound to examine the topography of the neighbourhood and to evaluate the nature of sha qi which is within the surrounding atmosphere. By detecting the greenery and health of the surrounding plant, it should give a pretty good indication about the qi of the house.
Avoid purchasing a home that’s hostile hills (like protruding stones ) or harmful structures that’s pointing straight at the house. As a rule of thumb, it is also not advisable to live in close proximity to areas like:
1) Power transmitter tower, telecommunication channel and satellite disk
2) Police station and army camp
3) Hospital, mortuary, crematorium and casket
4) Overhead expressway and train paths
5) T-junction, Y junction, cross street intersection
6) Places of worship
8) Industrial park
Roads and highways are similar to the arteries of the terrain which carries the qi to every house. The circulation of qi in the street is seen to have the identical impact as a river. Houses that is situated near to a busy street or the airport will tends to sense that the floor vibration from the fast moving traffic or low flying aircraft. These vibrations will cause the house to tremble, thereby, giving a psychological impact that the house is falling. A long-term exposure to these high intensity of noise and air pollution will affect one’s rest, mood, health and fate.
Here are some useful tips to evaluate the effects of harmful road patterns:
1) Prevent a home that’s facing a T-Junction, Y-Junction or dead end road. The onrushing qi in the vehicles will impact the health and fortune of the occupants.
2) Prevent a home that’s facing a destructive knife such as train or road track, which will attract misfortunes such as injuries, health issues and financial woes.
3) Avoid choosing an apartment that is located directly over the entrance to the basement carpark. The constant movement of automobiles beneath the home will weaken the foundation of the home, thereby, affecting the health and fortune of the occupants.
4) Avoid picking a house that’s overlooking the multi-storey carpark. The headlights from the moving cars will tends to glow in the home, which will subsequently affect one’s concentration, mood and luck.